What I *Always* Keep On Hand

We are never going hungry at my house - we might not have whatever it is we are craving, but we definitely have food.  Lots of food - though Aidan will tell me "we don't have anything to eat" at least 5x a week :)
Here is what I always have on hand, ensuring we always have a quick meal option available (in addition to whatever fresh fruits and vegetables are in season and available):
  • Eggs
  • Pancake Mix (the "add water" kind)
  • Pasta
  • Tomato Sauce
  • Cheese (always lots of cheese, have I told you I love cheese?)
  • Butter
  • Milk
  • Potatoes
  • Onions
  • Syrup
  • Vegetable Oil
  • Canned Tuna
  • Minute Rice
  • Oatmeal
  • Frozen rolls
  • Ramen
  • Bisquick
  • Flour
  • Sugar
  • Peanut Butter
  • Various seasonings and condiments
Meat and Seafood in the the freezer;
  • Boneless pork chops,  I buy when on sale in family packs, and then freeze in packs of 2-3 ea
  • Frozen Shrimp, I recommend the easy peel, uncooked variety
  • Chicken breasts and/or thighs, boneless and skinless
  • Ground beef
  • Salmon, I buy the large fillets and cut those into 2-3" wide fillets, and freeze individually



Comments

  1. I've been purchasing milk from Dollar Tree that comes in cartons like almond milk or broth comes in. They are shelf stable, so I never run out of milk.
    Janis O.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment